Adult Accomplice Training
ICAH Foundations: Values, Sexuality Education Standards & Sex Ed Policies
- Introduce participants to ICAH, history of organization, departments, and projects
- Describe ICAH’s approach to sexuality education
- Explain and demonstrate youth engagement model and ICAH’s youth driven approach
- Discuss reproductive justice and assess examples of reproductive injustice
- Analyze the National Sexuality Education Standards (NSES)
- Summarize sexuality education policies/laws
About Adult Accomplice Trainings:
ICAH’s Adult Accomplice Trainings are developed for youth workers, family members, and other healthcare, school, and family-serving professionals who are interested in increasing their knowledge, improving their skills, and better supporting young people and their sexual health, identities, and rights. Trainings are facilitated by ICAH's Education Manager, Aisha Chaudhri, unless otherwise noted. CPDUs and CEUs are available for an additional $20 per training; each training is eligible for 3 credits.
ICAH Adult Accomplice Certificate
The ICAH Adult Accomplice Certificate is presented to participants who complete all 10 Adult Accomplice Trainings. This series of trainings is structured around the 7 National Sexuality Education Standards (NSES) and ICAH’s innovative and youth-driven approach. While learning medically accurate and age-appropriate information, participants will gain tools to be youth-friendly, LGBTQQIA+-inclusive, trauma-informed adult accomplices who actively work to reduce the shame and stigma young people face.
Trainings take place each month; each lasts 3 hours. Our make-up policy states that you can miss up to 3 trainings and still earn your certificate if you complete homework assignments for each training missed.