10.23.12 LET'S TALK... About Sex Education in the Muslim Community
HEART Women & Girls will present at ICAH (226 S. Wabash Ave., Suite 900) on Tuesday afternoon, 10/23/12 from 12-1:30pm. Come join us for a rich discussion during a brown bag luncheon that afternoon. Please, bring a lunch and come with questions. We will discuss the topic of sex education in the Muslim community.
Discussion will address:
- Cultural context of sex in the Muslim community
- Unique challenges and opportunities to discussing sexual health in the Muslim community
- Family-related issues/challenges
- Designing a culturally-sensitive sex ed program
- Case studies - HEART sexual health program, evaluation, next steps
RSVP to ANITA BANERJI to reserve a spot for this interesting discussion.