Jobs and Internships
The Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all its definitions.
Internships & Practicum Placements
Board of Directors
Adult Training Cadre Member (1-3 positions)
Download Full Job Description
Application due: Nov. 21, 2014
Position Type: Contractual
Target Start Date: December 2014
Areas of focus: Youth Education, Peer Education Support, Adult education & professional development; Adolescent sexual health, identity, and rights.
Location: Based out of ICAH’s Chicago office
Reports to: Education Coordinator
Travel Requirements: Travel will occur primarily throughout the greater Chicagoland region, with opportunities to provide education to Central and Downstate Illinois. Access to reliable transportation is required.
Description of Position:
ICAH’s Training & Education Department provides education to youth and adults throughout Illinois. Our objectives are to expand and strengthen a statewide system of curricular and training resources to meet the increasing demand for adolescent sexual health education in schools and communities and to increase the capacity of adults to foster authentic mutually respectful relationships with youth in order to support their sexual health, identity, and rights. Training Cadre Members will support these objectives by supporting youth peer educators in delivering comprehensive sexuality education workshops, and occasionally deliver sexuality education workshops to youth and adults separate from peer educators.
About the Organization:
The Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health (ICAH) operates as a network of empowered youth and allied adults who transform public consciousness and increase capacity of systems to support the sexual health, identity, and rights of youth.
Cadre Member Position Core Functions:
- Participate in a ½ day ICAH training to prepare to facilitate ICAH training modules
- Support Youth Peer Educators in delivering sexuality education workshops in schools and programs by:
- Driving peer educator to and from workshop
- Finalizing preparation for workshop with youth educator prior to workshop
- Connecting with appropriate school personnel upon arrival at the workshop
- Supporting youth facilitation of workshop by answering difficult questions, managing classroom disruptions, responding to trauma disclosures, and correcting inaccurate information in partnership with the peer educator
- Implementing evaluations with workshop participants
- Implementing post-workshop evaluation with peer educator to forward their growth as an educator
- Facilitate ICAH Training & Education curriculum modules and activities to adults on a variety of youth development and adolescent sexual health, identity, and rights topics.
Range of Other Cadre Member Position Functions: (based upon expertise)
- Provide on-going technical assistance to adults working in school, healthcare, family-serving, and/or other community settings who want to improve their skills in addressing adolescent sexual health, identity, and rights issues and topics.
- Work with contracting partners to develop curriculum modules related to adolescent sexual health, identity, and rights and accompanying evaluation tools.
- Other duties and projects as requested by ICAH’s partners and other community organizations throughout Illinois.
Training Cadre Members will work in partnership with other staff in ICAH’s Education Department as well as Youth Peer Educators and will report to Education Coordinator.
- Training Cadre Members will work in various school- and community-based settings. Hours may fall on weekends or in evenings.
- This position requires travel. Access to reliable transportation is required.
ICAH is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or gender expression, age, religion, marital status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQI individuals are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email a current resume and cover letter to:
Aisha Chaudhri, Education Coordinator (subject line “Adult Training Cadre Member”)
Download Full Job Description
Electronic submission of applications is preferred. No phone calls, please.
Proposed timeline for applicants (dates are subject to change):
· Applications due: November 21, 2014
· Interviews begin: Week of December 1, 2014
ICAH seeks individuals committed to transforming public consciousness and supporting the sexual health, rights, and identities of youth. We are able to accommodate both part-time and full-time internship requests. We ask that interns are able to commit a at least 8-10 hours per week for a minimum of one semester or four to six months (for out-of-school individuals). Internships that last at least one academic or calendar year are preferred.
Ideal candidates will have a background and/or interest in adolescent sexual health and youth development; excellent research and oral/written communication skills; proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite; the ability to work well in team and independently; and clear learning goals and/or objectives.
Internships are unpaid and based out of our Chicago office. ICAH staff can work with you and your school to help obtain academic credit, if applicable. ICAH is located in the Loop, although internship duties may take you outside the downtown Chicago area.
We seek Winter/Spring 2015 Internship positions for Communications & Toolkit and Education & Outreach. More information & application details are here (PDF).